Working Paper Trade, Investment and Economic Interdependence between South Korea and China 2006.09.11
The Korean economy has been significantly impacted by the emergence of China. It is now the largest market for Korean exports and a major supplier of its low-cost imports but has at the same time become a serious challenger of Korea in the global markets for manufacturing exports. This paper investigates changes in China's export structure and its effect on Korea and bilateral trade between the two. It also examines the motives for Korean investment in China and its effect on bilateral trade and cross-border production networks. Korean FDI in China has contributed to the growth of parts exports from Korea to China, and we provide evidence for this effect with regression analysis.
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Competition or Complementary?
1. Changes in the export structure
2. Expanding bilateral trade
3. Growing production networks and trade in parts
Chapter 3. Korea's Investment in China and Bilateral Trade between the Two
1. Motives for Korean investment in China
2. Trade patterns of Korean affiliates in China
3. Regression analysis of the relationship between Korean FDI in China and Korea's parts exports to China
Chapter 4. Concluding Remarks
- 주요 관련자료
- 같은 주제자료
한국개발연구원의 본 저작물은 “공공누리 제3유형 : 출처표시 + 변경금지” 조건에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다. 저작권정책 참조
- 미디어운영팀윤정애 전문연구원 044-550-4450
무단등록 및 수집 방지를 위해 아래 보안문자를 입력해 주세요.
소중한 의견 감사드립니다.
잠시 후 다시 시도해주세요.